Monday, October 14, 2013

Why Pink?

For as long as I can remember I've loved the color pink. When my husband, who is a planner, was getting ready to propose to me he asked me what I'd like in a ring. I replied, "Something pink!" He delivered. My dad gave me a pink tourmaline pendant which I wore on my wedding day. My mom warned me, "You'll grow out of this pink phase and you'll be stuck with a lot of pink jewelry." Well I am fifty and love the color pink more than ever. I figured that if I always feel great when I wear pink, if I get compliments when I wear pink, why not always wear pink? My pink journey began. I went through my closet and pulled out every pink thing I owned. I found stuff that I never wore. I had been wearing the same style of shirt in many colors and now in order to not get bored I found that I need to expand my style choices while staying with one color. I found while limiting myself, I actually opened up my world to new possibilities. I headed to Lord and Taylor during one of those 50% off the already 40% off price. I went through the racks looking for pink. I found and purchased styles I would never normally wear. It was fun and eye-opening. Even with limiting myself to pink, I don't wear all pinks. I don't like pale pink. I only like bubblegum, fuchsia and coral (a bit of cheating on the pink but who cares).

No comments:

Post a Comment