Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Packing Pink

Since I've started wearing only pink I've traveled a few times and have found packing to be a breeze. There is no trying to put together several outfits with belts, shoes, bras and God forbid, purses! This is why the steamer trunk must have been invented. Nope, I can bring one pair of shoes, one pink belt and a pair of sneakers. Everything, including my unmentionables are pink. I always look coordinated and can take less things which leaves room in the suitcase for purchases. There is only one drawback that I've seen thus far. Since I pretty much only wear 3 shades of pink and when traveling I settle on one shade, I do have difficulty finding anything in my suitcase. When everything is, say fuchsia, it is hard to see where a shirt ends and a sock begins. On my recent camping trip (yes, I only wore pink) I did discover but have not purchased some kind of soft compartmenters (for lack of a better word) to sort my stuff. My dear friend, Joanne, made the observation, "You've created a uniform for yourself." While it doesn't sound fun and attractive, it is, in fact, the truth. One thing that I discovered about long ago about uniforms, having worn one for 8 years of catholic school is that they promote creativity. The more you limit someone the more creative they will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment